Absolute Prague Small Group Castle Walk - Gardens, Palaces, Churches and more! – 3 hours
On the in-depth castle walk we will get to know not only the amazing Prague Castle, but also the Lesser Town, the second oldest district in the city, with its charming winding alleys and peaceful parks.
Prague Castle is the world’s biggest castle and has played a central part in the events of the Czech Republic, and sometimes even in world history. It was founded in 880 and is thus the oldest part of the city. Not long after, craftsmen and tradesmen settled on the slopes beneath to provide their services to royalty and nobility. This became known as the Lesser Town but to get there we first cross the famous Charles bridge to begin the tour
Highlights and Themes
- Small groups with a private guide
- The story of Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle
- Church of St. Nicholas and Nerudova street
- Detailed stories of Prague’s most famous heroes and villains
- Church of Our Lady under the Chain, founded by a Crusader Order - Templars
- Old Castle Steps, with vineyards, buskers and breathtaking views of the city
- Old Royal Palace, home to indoor jousting tournaments, coronations and defenestrations
- Golden Lane, Daliborka, and view of the Stag Moat (entry included)
- St George’s Square with St George’s Basilica (entry included)
- Old Royal Palace and St Vitus Cathedral, named after a saint fried in oil, infamous for inducing dancing mania (entry included)
Current prices and availabilities are published on our reservation system.
Private biking tours are based on a per person rate per tour - please contact us for a price quote for you or your group.
At Absolute Tours Center: 12 Michalska st., Prague 1, Prague (street is written as: Michalská 432/12)
From our meeting point located in the center of Prague we take a short walk through the narrow cobblestone streets to the Charles Bridge where we’ll cross one of Prague’s three main attractions and become history in the making by following the routes of kings, queens and noblemen! After making our way across this masterpiece we will stop to admire the austere majesty of Our Lady under the Chain, a church and monastery founded by the Templars on their way to the holy land. After we will see the Church of St. Nicholas and Nerudova street as we head towards the Prague castle area we will see the Hradčanské square with many palaces like the Archbishop's palace and Schwarzenberg palace to name a few.
Finally, it is time to ascend to the Castle via the old steps. As we walk up the hillside to discover some lovely hidden gardens and our last sights of the walk in the castle area we see the marvellous views of the city beneath us. We continue to savour the grandeur of its more well-known neighbour, Old Royal Palace, the oldest structure in the Castle area, a place that have served for coronations, indoor jousting tournaments, banana markets and defenestrations – the practice of throwing people out through a window, a term coined by the Czechs! Then stories on the amazing palaces in the area of Rosenberg, Lobkowicz and Burgrave’s where you’ll learn stories about alchemy too!
During a visit to Golden Lane, see Daliborka prison and view of the Stag Moat for stories of Madame de Thebes, Dalibor, alchemists and more. After a short stroll over to St. George’s Basilica and square and then our last stop is St Vitus, the country’s largest cathedral. It took almost six hundred years to build and finish and is named after a child saint that was fried in oil, but during the Middle Ages was infamous for inducing involuntary dance mania, and also protects against oversleeping, lightning strikes and animal bites.
The tour ends in the castle area so you can explore more on your own after the tour.
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus hit them up for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
Inclusions: English speaking guide, entry to royal castle area sights day ticket, public transport tickets during the tour, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Infant & Children Policy
Infant: free up to 2 years
Children: 3-12 years half adult price
13 years and older are charged at student price
Student rate will requre a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents or losses / damages.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.